Ceiling Mounted Grille Plenum Box 75mm Blaufast MVHR Semi Rigid Radial Ducting System Heat Recovery Ventilation
FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY on orders over 150
- A metal plenum box allowing up to 3 x 75mm ducts to connect to ceiling mounted room vents.
- One ventilation plenum box ii required for each supply and extract air vent.
- Easy to fit, quick connect, no tools required.
- Use for air fresh air supply and stale humid 'heat recovered' extract air.
- Suitable for Passivhaus, air tight dwellings or any mechanical heat recovery ventilation system.
An important part of a semi rigid radial duct system is the ceiling vent plenum box. One is required for each supply and extract grille in each of your rooms to allow a balanced airflow throughout your house, flat or apartment.
Extract plenum boxes are required to be mounted in your kitchen, utility room and all other wet rooms including bathrooms, end-suites, showers and guest or annex bathrooms. Fresh air supply plenums are required for all habitable rooms to enable recovered heat to be transferred back into the dwelling.
The Blaufast grille plenum consists of a single section that will to allow the connection of up to 3 x 75mm semi rigid ducts. The metal box has a 90 degree angled duct section that allows the connection to your ceiling mounted room vents.
Generally one semi rigid duct is required to run from a manifold box to each grille plenum with the exception of long duct runs or larger kitchens.
It is best practice to use two duct runs (or even three with the 3 port metal plenum box) to reduce resistance (air pressure) to rooms that are a significant distance away from a mvhr heat recovery ventilator or rooms that require a higher airflow rate such at kitchens and pantries.
The advantage of this metal grille plenum box is that is can be installed in almost any material. It also has mounting lugs to fast fix to ceilings, voids, ceiling purlins or wooden beams.